Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Series Of Unfortunate Events….

You know that little snowball that breaks away and starts rolling downhill? Harmless and manageable in the beginning, but as it goes, it gathers more snow and grows. Before long it’s grown so big and is going so fast all you can do is try to get out of its way and pray from something bigger to be in its path. Your hope is when it crashes into that something bigger it will shatter back into small little manageable balls of snow. That has been my life for a year and a half.

My Mom dying shook the solid ground I stand on. I’m not saying I didn’t get shaky and dislodge some of those little snowballs from time to time, but I was aware and quick enough to catch them before they got so far out of control. After Mom died, my axis had tilted so far, I was so off balance , I had trouble catching myself, much less those little snowballs.

All of a sudden, I found myself scrambling around, gathering up medium size snowballs, only one got away and began gathering up tons of snow and speed racing downhill. When it finally got to the bottom, instead of crashing into something bigger and shattering it just stopped. A big blob of snow blocking my path.

I knew the only thing I could do was just to start chipping away away at that big blob of snow with the tools that I had. At first, I had a nice, big axe and chipping away everyday, slowly making steady progress as the big blog was reducing in size. Then one day, when I wasn’t looking, somebody took my axe away and left me an ice pick.

I didn’t give up, I just kept picking away at that big blob of snow with my ice pick. I was so focused on my work that I didn’t notice the medium size snowball slowly sliding down that hill and  into the big blob filling up the holes I had made. Just when I was about to make it through, and be on my way, I looked back, only to discover that I still had a big blob of snow in my path.

Today I stand here staring at the big blob of snow praying for spring to come and just melt the mother fucker….

Chances are slim that a spring thaw is going to do anything to reduce my big blob of snow so me and my ice pick go at it daily with sheer determination. One way or another I will get that big blob of snow out of my way, and when I do, I’m going to invest in a snowplow!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fuck the ice pick, go by a big ass heat gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all they left me was an ice pick and besides, electricty is needed to run the heat gun. Pick away I will continue to do.

    ReplyDelete